Golf is the love of many people.
For a golfer, the pleasure of hitting the ball on the golf course is unimaginable.
Golf is a game of accuracy, consistency, and perfect control and only then you can become a pro in this sport.
The fact is, without the best golf clubs sets for beginners, you can’t get the best results. Whether you’re an experienced golfer or just started, you’ll need good quality golf equipment for playing.
- 10 Best Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners in 2020
- 1. Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set – Value for Money Club Set for Beginners
- 2. Pinemeadow PRE Men's Complete Golf Set – Great High Handicap Set
- 3. Wilson Men's Ultra Complete Golf Set – The Putter Feels Great
- 4. Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids – Great Hybrid at a Great Price
- 5. Callaway Golf Men's Rogue Draw Driver – Straighten Out That Slice
- 6. Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #1 – Super Soft Feel with Oversized Grip
- 7. Pinemeadow Men's PGX Golf Set – Great Clubs at a Great Price
- 8. Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set – Great Clubs, Bag and Putter
- 9. Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set – Great Set for Beginner
- 10. Callaway Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge – Great Wedge to Add to Your Short Game
- Best Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners: Buyer’s Guide
- Best Golf Clubs Sets For Beginners: FAQs
10 Best Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners in 2020
- Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set – Value for Money Club Set for Beginners
- Pinemeadow PRE Men's Complete Golf Set – Great High Handicap Set
- Wilson Men's Ultra Complete Golf Set – The Putter Feels Great
- Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids – Great Hybrid at a Great Price
- Callaway Golf Men's Rogue Draw Driver – Straighten Out That Slice
- Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #1 – Super Soft Feel with Oversized Grip
- Pinemeadow Men's PGX Golf Set – Great Clubs at a Great Price
- Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set – Great Clubs, Bag and Putter
- Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set – Great Set for Beginner
- Callaway Golf Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge – Great Wedge to Add to Your Short Game
There are many types of golf clubs available on the market. It isn’t necessary that all of them can meet your requirements and preferences, and thus it is imperative that you choose one according to your needs.
Getting the best golf clubs sets for beginners, you must first determine your needs. Also, we have jotted down the best golf clubs sets along with their pros and cons so that you can make a good buying decision. Following are the top-rated golf clubs on the market:
1. Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set – Value for Money Club Set for Beginners
Callaway Men’s Strata golf set is a comprehensive golf club that is designed specifically for beginners. It is a versatile one with 12 pieces and comes in a stylish bag. The golf club combines the best technology to ensure quality gameplay.
- It has 12 pieces including a 460 cc forged titanium driver with a graphite shaft.
- There is a 3-wood offer for the par 5 approach shots and the Hybrid (5H) wood for shorter approaches.
- There are 6 through picking wedge of stainless steel and cavity-backed irons.
- The T-style mallet putter is for tracking the puts across the green.
- The 3-wood has a decent sweet spot that offers you a good distance.
- The irons have a good feel
- All the clubs for a beginner are included
- The woods have a good length
- The golf club is very affordable
- All the clubs are well manufactured and are durable
- The mallet putter doesn’t get much press
- The running hooks and slices become difficult because of the rigidity of the hybrid club
The bag is a bit on the heavy side, but the backpack strap makes it more ergonomic. The bag feels comfortable on the shoulders and the stand is very handy too. Callaway Strata is a good choice for you if you’re hit the range only sometimes a year, and it is not designed for winning games at Augusta.
2. Pinemeadow PRE Men's Complete Golf Set – Great High Handicap Set
Pinemeadow Pre Men’s 16 piece is another comprehensive golf club set and includes all the things that are needed for good gameplay. However, the golf club is a bit difficult for beginners and is good for professional players. Pinemeadow Pre Men’s 16 piece golf club is a bit on the expensive side, but if you are into the golfing game, we know you won’t mind spending a little more.
- The driver is titanium enhanced and its shaft is made up of graphite.
- It includes a driver, 3-wood 15 degrees, 3-hybrid 21 degrees, pitching wedge, 4 to 9 irons, putter, three head covers, and a stand bag.
- Hybrid offers a versatile option for a good game. It has a custom head cover and a premium steel shaft.
- The Pre Mallet putter is made heavy to improve the response and feel.
- The carry bag has a dual trap along with a rain hood and an integrated kick.
- It has an easy to carry stand bag
- It has a forgiving driver
- The irons and 3-wood are well crafted
- The golf club delivers good value
- The stand bag has many exterior pockets and hooks for holding golf balls and towels
- It lacks 5-wood
- The pre-mallet putter is imbalanced
Every product has some disadvantages attached to it, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy it. The Pinemeadow Pre men’s 16 golf club is a difficult one if you’re a novice. However, once you get used to it you’ll love how the mallet putter allows you to align every shot. It’s only a matter of practice.
3. Wilson Men's Ultra Complete Golf Set – The Putter Feels Great
The Wilson Golf Men’s Ultra Complete Package set is one of the best golf clubs sets on the market. It is very ergonomically designed and is affordable too. The Wilson Men’s golf club is good for beginners and it is designed to improve the distance, aim, and accuracy.
The golf club offers a user-friendly and easy way for the beginners to start a game and it contains all the things that the beginners need for developing a game.
- It has a 460 cc titanium drive that offers amazing distance and forgiveness.
- The irons range from 6 to 9 and a PW which helps to keep the ball straight and narrow.
- It has a heel/toe alignment putter which is steady and offers good distance control.
- All the clubs have clear markings for easy placement of fingers.
- It contains graphite woods and drivers which make the golf club very durable.
- The natural incline helps in offering a high launch and maximum accuracy.
- The golf club has an amazing grip
- It comes with a comfortable carry bag
- There are covers for three big clubs in the set
- Clubs swing very well & are of good quality
- The steel-shaft irons offer good control and accuracy
- There is some gap between the hybrid and 6-irons
- There are no sand wedges
The Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Package Golf Set is not for you if you’re a pro. Also, you must know that the driver’s head can come off after some use and it needs to be replaced. Overall, the product is very affordable and perfect for the beginner.
4. Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids – Great Hybrid at a Great Price
If you want an affordable option for golfing, go for the Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids. The main function of a hybrid is to replace the long irons, which are very difficult to use. Hybrids can also be used to replace fairway wood but it requires a lot of practice. It is the most reasonably priced hybrid and you get it with a graphite steel shaft.
- It is a low profile club and the wide sole and slim shape produces a bigger sweet spot.
- It is paired with a graphite shaft which gives it a good weight.
- It allows you to hit the ball higher and doesn’t compromise on the distance.
- The hybrids are available with a cover so that they are protected all the time.
- There are flex preferences available for regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior.
- It is designed for right-handed golfers and includes a 2-iron, 3-iron, 4-iron, and 5-iron replacement.
- It’s very affordable & performs very well
- It is quite decently forgiving
- It performs well for off-center hits and gives good distance on solid hits
- The shape of the sole and the clubhead offers a big sweet spot
- Nothing good in the flashing technology used
- Inconsistent in performance
Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids is an amazing product but we would like it more if there was more consistency. Another thing is that, since it is a very cheap one, it looks ordinary when compared to the expensive clubs. However, if we talk about the performance, it is amazing at this price.
5. Callaway Golf Men's Rogue Draw Driver – Straighten Out That Slice
Callaway Golf Men’s Rogue Driver is one of the most successful drivers ever introduced. It was the topmost driver in 2020 and was known for a strong performance. It has a stylish design with a beautiful soul and carbon crowns.
- The Rogue Sub-zero offers extremely low spinning.
- It offers exceptional ball speed from the jailbreak effect.
- It focuses on forgiveness using its back design and low weight.
- The titanium bars are in an hourglass shape and are 25% lighter.
- It offers premium shaft selection at multiple weights.
- It offers an amazing feel and lower sound
- The advanced jailbreak technology improves accuracy and provides better distance
- The variety of stockholders makes the drivers suitable for anyone
- There are marginal gains in forgiveness
- It is very expensive
The product is amazing as it uses advanced jailbreak technology, but there are some points that are flawed too. Such as, the raised aerodynamic section on the crown sometimes distracts the golfers. Also, the sole weight can make adjustability a bit difficult for the golfers.
6. Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #1 – Super Soft Feel with Oversized Grip
The Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach Putter is a very affordable one and it features advanced technology for improved performance. It has three head shapes that are tour-proven. The modern innovations in the putter make the golfers improve their score drastically.
- It has a precision milled face that softens the impact and offers a consistent roll.
- It is easy to bend and has a softer feel.
- It features 3 traditional head shapes that are proven in amateur golf bags and tour players.
- It uses a super soft 304 stainless steel.
- There is no weight on head shapes and there are no distractions for the golfer.
- It can be customized to adjust your stroke within an 8-degree range and a +/- 4 degrees of bending.
- It offers an amazing grip
- It has a soft feel and clean look as compared to the expensive putters
- The milled face will make your game shorter with an improved score
- The precision and accuracy are great
- There are no removable weights
For modern putters, the head weight of Cleveland Golf Huntington is too light. Also, for some golfers, the touch can be too light which can affect the distance control by killing the feel. Some golfers prefer a novel head shape.
7. Pinemeadow Men's PGX Golf Set – Great Clubs at a Great Price
If you’re a beginner, you can rely on the Pinemeadow Men’s PGX Golf Set-driver for your first game. The golf club has all the sets that you’ll need for starting your game. The golf club is good for beginners and experienced ones both, and the price is quite reasonable as compared to the expensive golf clubs.
- It includes a 460 cc forged driver, a forgiving 3-wood, 5-PW irons, and a perfect hybrid.
- It offers hand orientation for left and right-handed golfers both.
- Headcovers are included to keep the clubs safe and sound.
- The driver, 3-wood, and hybrid have a white Nano finish.
- The wide sole irons offer optimal launch and spin.
- The driver provides deep ball and accuracy.
- The driver has a graphite shaft which is lightweight and very convenient.
- It is a very reasonably priced set
- The clubs have an amazing flex
- If offers more forgiveness than other beginner sets
- Good for right and left-handed players both
- The clubs have a good design and a great feel
- Headcovers for three big clubs included
- There is no bag included
- If you’re a pro, you’ll need a separate putter
Though the product is good for beginners and intermediate level players both, there are some flaws that need to be considered. Also, according to some users, the driver shaft snapped after some months of use.
So, durability is a thing to consider but then at this price, you won’t get any better golf club. Another thing is that they are available in only one color and that is white. The color can pick stains easily so if you’re the one who keeps your golf equipment clean, it will worry you.
8. Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set – Great Clubs, Bag and Putter
Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is one of the best golf clubs sets by Callaway. It includes all the things that you need for a good game. This one is also one of the best beginner golf sets as it offers great distance, feel, and control to the user. The set consists of 18 pieces.
- It includes a driver, 2 fairway woods, 2 hybrids, 2 wedges, 4 irons, 1 putter, 5 head covers, and a lightweight stand bag.
- The titanium driver offers more forgiveness and a large sweet spot.
- The fairway woods are too forgiving and have an aerodynamic shape.
- The hybrids act as great alternatives to long irons.
- The putter has a precise face milling for better accuracy.
- The bag has convenient pockets.
- The driver offers a huge sweet spot
- It includes a sand wedge
- It is very helpful for beginners
- It is very affordable
- The clubs are well-balanced
- The shaft on the pitching wedge could be improved
Some golfers have complained that the head on the driver comes out after some time of use. Also, the bag is not very comfortable to carry in spite of being lightweight. Some people think that there is no Callaway logo on the clubs or the bag and this feels strange.
9. Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set – Great Set for Beginner
If you’re a lady golfer, we have good news for you. This golf club is a winner as it provides forgiveness and distance immediately and thus is good for you as a beginner too. Also, it has all the clubs to get you started and improve your gameplay.
- It has a lightweight 460 cc forged driver with a titanium head. It offers a large sweet spot and is designed for forgiveness and distance.
- The fairway woods have an aerodynamic head shape for high and long flying shots.
- The stainless-steel irons allow you to make a variety of shots.
- The mallet puller offers amazing accuracy.
- It also includes a lightweight bag, rain hood, a cooler pocket, and a backpack strap system
- The golf club offers excellent value for money
- Irons and hybrids are quite easy to hit
- The driver is very forgiving & improves the carry, launch, and distance
The head of the club comes off easily
Overall the golf club set is amazing, but if you’re looking forward to higher swing speeds, you won’t be satisfied. This is because the clubs are too light.
10. Callaway Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge – Great Wedge to Add to Your Short Game
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Milled Wedges are one of the most accurately designed ones. They offer amazing grind, loft, and groove combinations that are suitable for different types of golf shots and golf swings.
- It is great for firmer conditions.
- The heel and toe relief allows great feasibility for a variety of shots.
- The wedge is suitable for a variety of swings such as more sweep and moderate divot.
- There are 3-grinds for every shot.
- There is progressive groove optimization that allows you to optimize the spin as you go up in the loft.
- It has a tour-inspired shaping
- New groove-in-groove technology is used for more spin
- There are broad ranges of bounce and lofts combinations
- There is bulky turf interaction
The only thing about this product that bothers the golfers is its feel, which is poor. Also, the wedge heads can’t be customized with engravings, stampings, or paint fill.
Best Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners: Buyer’s Guide
If you want to know which golf club is best suited for you, you must lookout for the factors that should be present in a good golf club. Also, you must make sure that a particular golf club meets your requirements because the preferences vary from player to player. Following are the things to consider:
Drivers were known as woods as they are made up of woods. 1 wood is known as the driver and it has the largest clubhead. The higher the cc number of the head, the more forgiving it is for off-center shots.
Fairway woods include 3, 5, and 7- wood clubs, but they aren’t limited to just that. Fairway woods are used for longer fairway shots and are good for players who struggle to hit with their drivers.
Hybrids are a mix of wood and iron and are easier to hit. Many players prefer replacing their irons with hybrids to increase forgiveness and playability on the off-center shots.
The putter is one of the most important clubs in a set. It is fitted with a square or flat grip for resting your thumbs and has a steel shaft. There are blade p and mallet putters and are used on the green just to roll the ball in the hole.
Irons come in sets of 6 to 8 pieces and are used on every hole. They cover all the shots such as short and mid-range ones and even the long-range shots from the tee.
Wedges have the same build and look as irons but they are available in different lofts of the clubs. The wedges have a bounce and are good for chip shots around the green.
Best Golf Clubs Sets For Beginners: FAQs
Here are a few golf club based question and answers:
How Much Do Golf Clubs Cost?
The golf clubs from major manufacturers lie within a range of $250 to $600. However, you can get more affordable ones too like some of those listed in this post. Top of the line putters and irons can range from $400 to $1200.
Do I Have to Have a Full Set of Clubs for Starting?
No, it isn’t necessary that you start with a full set of clubs. You can even begin your game with a short set.
How Do I Clean Golf Clubs?
You can clean your golf club in many different ways. Buying a cleaning kit also helps to clean. Just make sure you clean the clubs periodically so that their finish is not affected.
As a golfer, you might be interested to know about the best golf club for you. Here we have discussed all the best golf clubs sets for beginners in detail so that you can choose one for you.
Our top pick is the Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set which we’ve placed on number one. The golf set is a complete one and includes all the clubs you need for starting your game perfectly.
Last update on 2020-06-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API