Golf tugs at plenty of people’s heartstrings. For a golfer, there are few better feelings than a perfect swing and connect.
Golf is a game of accuracy, consistency, and perfect control. It’s this combination that makes it so unique and rewarding, where no game is ever the exact same.
The fact is, without the best golf clubs sets for beginners, you can’t get the best results. Whether you’re an experienced golfer or have just started, you’ll need good quality golf equipment for playing.
- 10 Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners in 2021
- 1 Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set – Value for Money Club Set for Beginners
- 2 Pinemeadow PRE Men's Complete Golf Set – Great High Handicap Set
- 3 Wilson Men's Ultra Complete Golf Set – The Putter Feels Great
- 4 Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids – Great Hybrid at a Great Price
- 5 Callaway Golf Men's Rogue Draw Driver – Straighten Out That Slice
- 6 Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #1 – Super Soft Feel with Oversized Grip
- 7 Pinemeadow Men's PGX Golf Set – Great Clubs at a Great Price
- 8 Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set – Great Clubs, Bag and Putter
- 9 Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set – Great Set for Beginners
- 10 Callaway Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge – Great Wedge to Add to Your Short Game
- Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners: Buyer’s Guide
- The Top Golf Clubs Sets For Beginners: FAQs
- Editor’s Choice
10 Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners in 2021
- Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set – Value for Money Club Set for Beginners
- Pinemeadow PRE Men's Complete Golf Set – Great High Handicap Set
- Wilson Men's Ultra Complete Golf Set – The Putter Feels Great
- Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids – Great Hybrid at a Great Price
- Callaway Golf Men's Rogue Draw Driver – Straighten Out That Slice
- Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #1 – Super Soft Feel with Oversized Grip
- Pinemeadow Men's PGX Golf Set – Great Clubs at a Great Price
- Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set – Great Clubs, Bag and Putter
- Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set – Great Set for Beginner
- Callaway Golf Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge – Great Wedge to Add to Your Short Game
There are many types of golf clubs available on the market. Not all of them can meet your requirements and preferences, so you’ll have to choose a set according to your needs.
Before getting the best golf clubs sets for beginners, you must first determine your needs. We have written about the top golf clubs sets along with their pros and cons so that you can make a good buying decision. Without further ado, here are the top-rated beginner’s golf clubs on the market:
1 Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set – Value for Money Club Set for Beginners
Callaway Men’s Strata golf set is a comprehensive golf club that is designed specifically for beginners. It is versatile, with 12 pieces and comes in a stylish bag. The golf club combines the best technology to ensure quality gameplay.
- It has 12 pieces including a 460 cc forged titanium driver with a graphite shaft.
- There is a 3-wood offered for par 5 approach shots and the Hybrid (5H) wood for shorter approaches.
- There are 6-9 irons plus pitching wedge, stainless steel and cavity-backed.
- The T-style mallet putter helps align putts.
- The 3-wood has a decent sweet spot that offers you a good distance.
- The irons have a good feel
- All the clubs necessary for a beginner are included
- The woods have a good length
- The set is very affordable
- All the clubs are well manufactured and are durable
- The mallet putter doesn’t get much press
- Hooks and slices can be a challenge because of the rigidity of the hybrid club
The bag is a bit on the heavy side, but the backpack strap makes it more ergonomic. The bag feels comfortable on the shoulders and the stand is very handy too. Callaway Strata is a good choice for you if you hit the course only some times a year, and it is not designed for winning games at Augusta.
Download this ebook to improve your golf game today..
2 Pinemeadow PRE Men's Complete Golf Set – Great High Handicap Set
Pinemeadow Pre Men’s 16 piece is another comprehensive golf club set and includes all that’s needed for good game. However, the golf club is a bit more challenging for beginners than some others on our list.
Pinemeadow Pre Men’s 16 piece golf club is a bit on the expensive side, but if you are into game, we know you won’t mind spending a little more.
- The driver is titanium-enhanced and its shaft is made of graphite.
- It includes a driver, 3-wood at 15 degrees, 3-hybrid at 21 degrees, pitching wedge, 4 to 9 irons, putter, three head covers, and a stand bag.
- Hybrid offers a versatile option for a good game. It has a custom head cover and a premium steel shaft.
- The Pre-Mallet putter is made heavy to improve the response and feel.
- The carry bag has a dual trap along with a rain hood and an integrated kick.
- It has an easy to carry stand bag
- It has a forgiving driver
- The irons and 3-wood are well crafted
- The golf club delivers good value
- The stand bag has many exterior pockets and hooks for holding golf balls and towels
- It lacks 5-wood
- The pre-mallet putter takes some practice
The Pinemeadow Pre men’s 16 golf club is a bit of a challenge if you’re a true novice, but it’s a set you can grow into quickly. The putter is a perfect example: once you get used to it, you’ll love how the putter allows you to align every shot. It’s only a matter of practice.
3 Wilson Men's Ultra Complete Golf Set – The Putter Feels Great
The Wilson Golf Men’s Ultra Complete Package set is one of the top golf club sets on the market. It is very ergonomically designed and is affordable too. The Wilson Men’s golf club is good for beginners and it is designed to improve distance, aim, and accuracy.
The set offers an easy way for beginners to start playing as it has all the basics and then some. Did we mention they’re top quality, too?
- It has a 460 cc titanium drive that offers amazing distance and forgiveness.
- The irons range from 6 to 9 and a PW which helps to keep the ball straight and narrow.
- It has a heel/toe alignment putter which is steady and offers good distance control.
- All the clubs have clear markings for easy placement of fingers.
- It contains graphite woods and drivers which make the golf club very durable and lightweight.
- The natural incline helps offer a high launch and maximum accuracy.
- The golf club has an amazing grip
- It comes with a comfortable carry bag
- There are covers for three big clubs in the set
- Clubs swing very well & are of good quality
- The steel-shaft irons offer good control and accuracy
- There is some gap between the hybrid and 6-irons
- There is no sand wedge
The Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Package Golf Set is not for you if you’re a pro. Also, you must know that the driver’s head can come off after some use and it needs to be replaced. Overall, the set is very affordable and perfect for the beginner.
4 Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids – Great Hybrid at a Great Price
If you want an affordable option for golfing, go for the Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids. The main function of a hybrid is to replace long irons, which are often very difficult to use for beginners. Hybrids can also be used to replace fairway woods, but require a lot of practice. It is the most reasonably priced hybrid.
- It is a low profile club and the wide sole and slim shape produces a bigger sweet spot.
- It is paired with a graphite shaft which gives it a good weight.
- It allows you to hit the ball higher and doesn’t compromise on distance.
- The hybrids are available with a cover so that they are protected all the time.
- There are flex preferences available for regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior.
- It is designed for right-handed golfers and includes a 2-iron, 3-iron, 4-iron, and 5-iron replacement.
- It’s very affordable & performs very well
- It is quite forgiving
- It performs well for off-center hits and gives good distance on solid hits
- The shape of the sole and the clubhead offers a big sweet spot
- Occasionally inconsistent in performance
Pinemeadow Excel EGI Hybrids is an amazing set but we would like it more if there was more consistency. Another thing is that, since it is cheap, it looks ordinary when compared to the expensive clubs. However, if we’re only considering performance, it is amazing at this price.
5 Callaway Golf Men's Rogue Draw Driver – Straighten Out That Slice
Callaway Golf Men’s Rogue Driver is one of the most successful drivers ever introduced. It is the top driver in 2021 and is known for a strong performance. It has a stylish design with a beautiful sole and carbon crowns.
- The Rogue Sub-zero offers extremely low spin.
- It offers exceptional ball speed from the jailbreak effect.
- It focuses on forgiveness using its back design and low weight.
- The titanium bars are in an hourglass shape and are 25% lighter.
- It offers premium shaft selection at multiple weights.
- It offers an amazing feel and lower sound
- The advanced jailbreak technology improves accuracy and provides better distance
- The driver is suitable for anyone
- There are marginal gains in forgiveness
- It is very expensive
The club is amazing as it uses advanced jailbreak technology, but there are some points that are flawed too. For example, the raised aerodynamic section on the crown sometimes distracts players. Also, the sole weight can make adjustability a bit difficult.
6 Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #1 – Super Soft Feel with Oversized Grip
The Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach Putter is very affordable and it features advanced technology for improved performance. It has three head shapes that are tour-proven. Modern innovations in putters make for drastically improved scores.
- It has a precision milled face that softens the impact and offers a consistent roll.
- It is easy to bend and has a softer feel.
- It features 3 traditional head shapes that are proven for amateurs and tour players.
- It uses a super soft 304 stainless steel.
- There is no weight on head shapes and there are no distractions for the golfer.
- It can be customized to adjust your stroke within an 8-degree range and a +/- 4 degrees of bending.
- It offers an amazing grip
- It has a soft feel and clean look compared to more expensive putters
- The milled face will make your game shorter with an improved score
- The precision and accuracy are great
- There are no removable weights
For modern putters, the head weight of Cleveland Golf Huntington is light. Also, for some golfers, the touch can be too light which can affect the distance control by killing the feel. Some golfers prefer a novel head shape.
7 Pinemeadow Men's PGX Golf Set – Great Clubs at a Great Price
If you’re a beginner, you can rely on the Pinemeadow Men’s PGX Golf Set for your first game. The golf club has all the sets that you’ll need for starting your game. The golf club is good for beginners and experienced players alike, and the price is quite reasonable compared to more expensive sets.
- It includes a 460 cc forged driver, a forgiving 3-wood, 5-PW irons, and a perfect hybrid.
- It offers hand orientation for left and right-handed golfers alike.
- Headcovers are included to keep the clubs safe and sound.
- The driver, 3-wood, and hybrid have a white Nano finish.
- The wide sole irons offer optimal launch and spin.
- The driver provides deep ball and accuracy.
- The driver has a graphite shaft which is lightweight and very convenient.
- It is a very reasonably priced set.
- The clubs have an amazing flex.
- If offers more forgiveness than other beginner sets.
- Good for right and left-handed players.
- The clubs have a good design and a great feel.
- Headcovers for three big clubs are included.
- There is no bag included.
- If you’re a bit advanced, you’ll need a separate putter.
Though the set is good for beginners and intermediate level players alike, there are some flaws that need to be considered. Also, according to some users, the driver shaft snapped after some months of use.
So, durability is a consideration but then at this price, you won’t get any better golf set. Another thing is that they are available in white only. The color can stain easily, so if you like your clubs to always look clean you may find that irksome.
8 Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set – Great Clubs, Bag and Putter
Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is one of the best golf club sets by Callaway. It includes everything you need for a good game. This one is also one of the best beginner golf sets as it offers great distance, feel and control. The set consists of 18 pieces.
- It includes a driver, 2 fairway woods, 2 hybrids, 2 wedges, 4 irons, 1 putter, 5 head covers, and a lightweight stand bag.
- The titanium driver offers substantial forgiveness and a large sweet spot.
- The fairway woods are forgiving and have an aerodynamic shape.
- The hybrids act as great alternatives to long irons.
- The putter has a precise face milling for better accuracy.
- The bag has convenient pockets.
- The driver offers a huge sweet spot
- It includes a sand wedge
- It is very helpful for beginners
- It is very affordable
- The clubs are well-balanced
- The shaft on the pitching wedge could be improved.
Some golfers have complained that the head on the driver comes out after some time of use. Also, the bag is not very comfortable to carry in spite of being lightweight. Some people think that there is no Callaway logo on the clubs or the bag and this feels strange.
9 Callaway Women's Strata Plus Complete Golf Set – Great Set for Beginners
If you’re a lady golfer who’s just starting out, we have good news for you. This golf club is a winner as it provides forgiveness and distance immediately. Also, it has all the clubs to get you started and improve your game.
- It has a lightweight 460 cc forged driver with a titanium head. It offers a large sweet spot and is designed for forgiveness and distance.
- The fairway woods have an aerodynamic head shape for high and long flying shots.
- The stainless steel irons allow you to make a variety of shots.
- The mallet puller offers amazing accuracy.
- It also includes a lightweight bag, rain hood, a cooler pocket, and a backpack strap system.
- The set offers excellent value for money.
- Irons and hybrids are quite easy to hit.
- The driver is very forgiving & improves the carry, launch, and distance.
- The head of the club may come off after some time, needing repair
Overall the golf club set is amazing, but if you have a higher than average swing speed you won’t be satisfied because the clubs are light.
10 Callaway Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge – Great Wedge to Add to Your Short Game
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Milled Wedges are some of the most accurately designed wedges. They offer amazing grind, loft, and groove combinations that are suitable for different types of golf shots and golf swings.
- It is great for firmer conditions.
- The heel and toe relief allows great feasibility for a variety of shots.
- The wedge is suitable for a variety of swings such as sweep and moderate divots.
- There are 3 grinds for every shot.
- There is progressive groove optimization that allows you to optimize the spin as you go up in the loft.
- It has a tour-inspired shaping.
- New groove-in-groove technology is used for more spin.
- There are broad ranges of bounce and loft combinations.
- There is bulky turf interaction.
The only thing about this product that bothers some golfers is the grip. Also, the wedge heads can’t be customized with engravings, stampings, or paint fill.
Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners: Buyer’s Guide
If you want to know which golf club set is best suited for you, you must lookout for the factors that should be present in a good golf club. Also, you must make sure that a particular golf club meets your requirements because preferences vary from player to player. Following are the things to consider:
Your driver is the biggest wood: the 1 wood. It has the largest clubhead. The higher the cc a number of the head, the more forgiving it is for off-center shots. This is the club you’ll use most often from the tee and will give you the longest shots.
Fairway woods include 3, 5, and 7- wood clubs, but they aren’t limited to just that. Fairway woods are used for longer fairway shots and are good for players who struggle to make good contact with their drivers.
Hybrids are a mix of wood and iron and are easier to hit than either for some. Many players prefer replacing their irons with hybrids to increase forgiveness and playability on off-center shots.
The putter is one of the most important clubs in a set. It is fitted with a square or flat grip for resting your thumbs and has a steel shaft. There are blade and mallet putters and are used on the green to, well, putt.
Irons come in sets of 6 to 8 pieces and are used on nearly every hole. They cover all the shots such as short and mid-range ones and even long-range shots from the tee.
Wedges have the same build and look as irons but they are available in different lofts of the clubs. The wedges have a bounce and are good for chip shots around the green.
The Top Golf Clubs Sets For Beginners: FAQs
Here are a few golf club based question and answers:
How Much Do Golf Clubs Cost?
The golf clubs from major manufacturers lie within a range of $250 to $600. However, you can get more affordable ones too like some of those listed in this post. Top of the line putters and irons can range from $400 to $1200.
Do I Have to Have a Full Set of Clubs for Starting?
No, it isn’t necessary that you start with a full set of clubs. You can even begin your game with a short set.
How Do I Clean Golf Clubs?
You can clean your golf club in many different ways. Buying a cleaning kit also helps to clean. Just make sure you clean the clubs periodically so that their finish is not affected.
As a golfer, you might be interested to know about the best golf club for you. Here we have discussed all the best golf clubs sets for beginners in detail so that you can choose one for you.
Our top pick is the Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Set which we’ve placed at number one. The golf set is complete and includes all the clubs you need to start your game.
Last update on 2022-01-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Download this ebook to improve your golf game today..