Are you one of those who want to improve your game in golf with better accuracy and shots? Looking for the best golf rangefinders with slope available? You have come to the right place.
A golf laser rangefinder with slope calculates and adjusts angle compensations on targets or flagsticks so you do not have to worry about doing the math in your head.
Not all laser rangefinders have slope technology as those are illegal in competitions. However, they are legal in training and practice.
|Callaway 300 Pro|
Bushnell Tour V4 Shift
|Precision Pro NX9|
There are several things you would want to know before choosing the golf rangefinder with a slope for yourself. This article contains all you need to know about the top golf rangefinders with slope along with the reviews of the top products.
Here are the 7 best golf rangefinders with slope 2020:
- Callaway 300 Pro Laser Rangefinder – Best for Accuracy
- Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Laser Rangefinder – Must Have for Any Golfer
- Precision Pro NX9 Slope Rangefinder – Great Accuracy, Easy to Use, Lightweight
- TecTecTec VPRO5OOS Laser Rangefinder – Best Product at a Great Price
- Gogogo Sport Laser Rangefinder – Best Budget Golf Rangefinder
- TecTecTec ULT-X Laser Rangefinder – Best Price Given All the Features
- Wosports Golf Rangefinder with Slope – Great Value for the Price
- Quick Overview – 3 Golf Rangefinder with Slope
- 7 Best Golf Rangefinders with Slope In 2020
- 1 Callaway 300 Pro Laser Rangefinder – Best for Accuracy
- 2 Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Laser Rangefinder – Must Have for Any Golfer
- 3 Precision Pro NX9 Slope Rangefinder – Great Accuracy, Easy to Use, Lightweight
- 4 TecTecTec VPRO5OOS Laser Rangefinder – Best Product at a Great Price
- 5 Gogogo Sport Laser Rangefinder – Best Budget Golf Rangefinder
- 6 TecTecTec ULT-X Laser Rangefinder – Best Price Given All the Features
- 7 Wosports Golf Rangefinder with Slope – Great Value for the Price
- Best Golf Rangefinders: Buyer’s Guide
- Best Golf Rangefinders with Slope: FAQs
Quick Overview – 3 Golf Rangefinder with Slope
- Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Laser Rangefinder – This product features Slope-Switch technology making it easier to switch in competitions, jolt technology for more accuracy, 5x magnification, fast focus system, weatherproof casing, clear and crisp display with modes to change units from meter to yards.
- TecTecTec ULT-X Laser Rangefinder – This product features target lock technology, 6x magnification, latest optical technology, scan mode, highly visible faceplate to ensure fair practices, rain, and moisture resistance with a two years warranty, 100 days moneyback guarantee, and lifetime customer support.
- Precision NX9 Pro Slope Rangefinder – This product features adaptive slope technology for club selection, pulse vibration for precision, target acquisition, and water resistance. They also offer a precision care package with a two years warranty on this product.
7 Best Golf Rangefinders with Slope In 2020
Listed below are the reviews of the 7 best golf rangefinders with slope. Each review gives the product highlight, the pros and cons, the specifications, the good and bad about the product, and the conclusion. After looking at the reviews it will be easier for you to choose the best golf rangefinders with slope for yourself.
1 Callaway 300 Pro Laser Rangefinder – Best for Accuracy
Who doesn’t know what Callaway is? One of the biggest golf manufacturers in the world, they have a variety of balls, clubs, and rangefinders. The Callaway 300 Pro Laser Rangefinder is their top product and justified.
- 6x Magnification
- The range is 5-1000 yards
- Superior Accuracy
- Pin Acquisition Technology
- Exclusive BIRDIE technology
- 7.58 oz. is the weight
- 4.25″ x 3″ x 1.57″ is the size
This model offers nearly double the effective ranges as many of the competing brands with almost the same price. It is super portable compared to other competing products with a size of just 4.25” by 3” by 1.75”. It offers almost all the best technologies up to this date. Check the current price of Amazon by clicking here.
Measuring speeds can be a problem for this device and it uses CR2 batteries which makes it inconvenient to power. There are not many flaws to ponder over for this device.
- Accurate up to 1 yard
- 6x magnifier
- Can’t measure speeds
- Non-rechargeable battery
Callaway 300 is an excellent middle-tier option for anybody who wants a good range of specifications and it is budget-friendly. It can be expensive for a starter who cannot leverage all the features it has. It offers the same features to very expensive rangefinders and is at least 25% cheaper, which makes it an amazing choice for everyone who is satisfied with good but not out-of-the-box range and accuracy.
2 Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Laser Rangefinder – Must Have for Any Golfer
Before Bushnell Tour V4 was only available in either slope or non-slope models but now both the measuring systems are in one unit. You won’t have to worry about the tournament being legal and won’t have to deal with faceplate changing. The slope switch technology will deal with it with just a Switch!
Furthermore, it’s cheaper than the X2 model while offering similar features, and makes up for the non-Shift model’s primary negative; a lack of slope support.
- Yard range is 5-1000, 5-400 to flag
- The magnification is 5×20 mm objective diameter
- Display type is LCD/Black
- The dimensions are 3.11 x 1.57 x 4”, 5.6 oz
- It is Tournament Legal
Bushnell Tour V4 shift Golf Laser Rangefinder is a class 1 Laser powered rangefinder that offers an effective range for any hole within the range of 1,000 yards runs on CR2 batteries. It uses the PinSeeker to lock onto the flag which is approximately 400 yards away.
To find any flag the 5x magnification with fast focused is used. The JOLT technology will let you know when you are locked in. It comes with a 2 years warranty like any other Bushnell products. You can grab one of these on Amazon.
Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Golf Laser Rangefinder is not for you to use in rain or near water as it is not waterproof like the other Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder.
Further, it can’t measure speed and doesn’t have a rechargeable battery. Golfers can find it pretty inconvenient but also not a deal-breaker. Lastly, it is an expensive rangefinder, coming in below the X2.
- It has a Great 1000 yards range
- It has a 5x magnification
- It comes with a High-quality case
- It has a Pin seeker & JOLT technology
- It comes with a 2 Year Warranty
- It is USGA approved
- It can’t measure the speed
- It has a non-rechargeable battery
- It is expensive
If you are looking for as much information in a Golf Laser Rangefinder within a 1000 yard range, then Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder is for you. It offers similar features as to X2 and is best for those on a budget as long as they avoid water.
3 Precision Pro NX9 Slope Rangefinder – Great Accuracy, Easy to Use, Lightweight
We picked the Precision NX9 Pro Golf rangefinder as it is manufactured by the company Precision Pro Golf which specializes in creating golf range finders. It is the most premium product offered by this company, the packaging is a cool black and green design with hex-texturing on the outside for grip.
- The yard range is 400 Yards.
- The magnification can be 6x Times.
- The dimensions are 4 x 1.75 x 3.5 inches
- The display type is LCD/Black
- It is tournament legal
NX9 has a premium build quality. This model also has exclusive features with a lower price range. It includes the slope feature which can be disabled later to make it USGA-legal for tournaments.
It also has a pulse vibration and informs you when you’re correctly lined up with the TAG system as well as a 6x zoom feature to find your target.
The uniqueness of the product is offered by the company as they provide you with a 2 years warranty, battery replacement service, and trade-in allowance to upgrade to a newer model. You can grab one of these on Amazon.
Despite the many amazing features it has, it struggles with its effective range. Additionally, the product is similarly priced to the other options despite it having a much lesser effective range. Last but not the least; it has a non-rechargeable battery and lacks the ability to calculate wind speed.
- The device is accurate up to 1 yard
- It has a TAG targeting system
- Supports a 6x magnification
- Supports the slope feature.
- It has a Pin Sensor technology
- It is USGA-legal
- Only have 400 yards effective range
- The device can’t measure the speed
- The battery is Non-rechargeable
- It is expensive
This product is for those golfers who will benefit from the care package, which includes free services. The product itself is user-friendly which will benefit the beginners who are willing to spend more than on a budget rangefinder. However, it is better that you carefully look at all the above options as well.
4 TecTecTec VPRO5OOS Laser Rangefinder – Best Product at a Great Price
TecTecTec VPRO5OOS Laser Rangefinder is manufactured by a much-known company called TecTecTec, which specializes in creating optics for an example golf rangefinder. The company creates high quality yet reasonable rangefinders for beginners as well as those who are pros.
We chose this very model as it shares many special features similar to the high-cost models. Along with this, this device has a stylish shiny black build which gives it a modish finish to it.
- It has Advanced Pin-Sensor Technology
- It has a water-resistant body
- It has Upgraded Flag Seeker with advanced Pin technology
- It is Durable and Rainproof
- provides high quality and clear images.
- Dimensions are 4.09 x 1.61 x 2.83 inches
- It supports the slope mode; which gives you the actual distance with or without slope
- TecTecTec VPRO500S Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, which measures up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode
This device is a very cost-effective price in which you get to use the features of a Rangefinder which are costly. This laser rangefinder has an effective range of 540 yards, covering all the majority types of courses you will come up against.
It is quite users friendly as all the users have to do is point at the target and pull the trigger, and can also use the additional 6x magnification feature to look at the target closely.
Furthermore, when you track the pindown, the Pin Sensor technology will lock on it, making the background immeasurable. The slope mode further provides you with the distances, so that you know how the shot will play like. The VPRO500S also performs with accuracy within its entire effective range.
The device itself is quite stylish and comes along with a carrying case, as well as a complimentary CR2 battery and cleaning cloth along with some guidelines. The case is shockproof and rainproof which takes all of your extra worries away.
Lastly, VPRO500S is a very cost-effective Rangefinder compared to the other high budget devices with almost the same features. You can grab one of these from Amazon.
Although there are numerous advantages of buying this device, there are some flaws in it too. For instance, the 540-yard effective range is overlooked by some of the high-cost products. Based on where you play, this may or may not hamper you.
Furthermore, this model cannot even measure the speed, and it requires you to install the battery rather than being able to recharge it.
- With the many features in it, this device is of great value.
- This device is accurate to 1 yard
- 6x magnification
- Supports the slope technology
- Even has a Pin Sensor technology
- This device comes with a 2-year warranty
- The device only has a 540 yards effective range
- TecTecTec VPRO500S can’t measure speeds
- The battery is non-rechargeable.
Undoubtedly, with TecTecTec VPRO500S in your hands, you won’t regret the decision. The device comes with numerous luxurious features without the high-end price. The only drawback being the short-range, however, those who like to go for shorter courses would most likely have a much better time with this rangefinder. It is definitely an option to consider.
5 Gogogo Sport Laser Rangefinder – Best Budget Golf Rangefinder
If you are looking for a good substitute for a more expensive rangefinder with good features then the Gogogo Sport laser rangefinder is for you! We chose this model as the manufacturer of this rangefinder is quite confident with this product, they even provide you with a 1-year warranty and if you face any quality issues regarding it you can take a full refund of this product.
- There is a 6X magnification feature
- The objective lens is of 25mm
- The exit pupil diameter is 3.9mm
- The dimensions of the drive are 106 x 40 x 72 mm
- It has a Low Battery Indicator
- Will let you know when the flag pole is locked
- There is a scan mode feature
- The device is water-resistant
While there are many good features in this device, let’s start with the main one which is the Gogogo sport laser rangefinder is the most cost-effective rangefinder available in the market. The product quality along with the after-sales services is authentic.
The decision provides high precision distance measurement and has the latest advancements such as angle range compensation, pin seeking, and flagpole locking vibration along with speed measuring.
The effective range is 650 yards, with +/- 1m high accuracy compared to the high price devices and a 6X magnification feature. Then there is also scan mode which makes you avoid any hazards and see the distance to many targets.
What really astonishes you is that this device also has a slope calculator and speedometer at this price! Grab one here on Amazon.
Despite the device having numerous good key features, it still lacks in terms of speed, it may give an accurate reading but compare to the other devices it may be slower. Sometimes, the device picked up trees instead of the flag itself.
- The rubber grips make it comfortable in-hand
- The device is very affordable
- It has an adjustable diopter lens
- The device runs on 2 AAA batteries which keep the device light
- It is not the fastest at measuring distances
- The device sometimes picks up background objects instead of the intended target
This little rangefinder with the most unbelievable price range comes with all the important features and some of them are even more advanced like the speedometer.
The device further comes with a strap that can be attached to it; this makes it harder to lose it which is quite beneficial for the owner.
All in all, this device is definitely worth buying.
6 TecTecTec ULT-X Laser Rangefinder – Best Price Given All the Features
TecTecTec ULT-X golf rangefinder by the manufacturer TecTecTec is one of the best-priced rangefinder available in the market. They put in every option you would want in a rangefinder into this unit.
- The effective range is 1,000+ yards
- The model comes with a scan and Pin sensor.
- It has slope technology.
- It is quite accurate at 300 yards (+/- 0.3 Yard)
- The device is water-resistant
- The slope switch is visible
- Dimensions are 6.1 x 4.3 x 3.4 inches
TecTecTec ULT-X is one of those products with great value available in the market. One of the most unique features is it has slope mode technology which enables you to take uphill and downhill shots, giving you accurate yardage. The device is compact making it pocket friendly. The device has a stylish black and white build to it.
Another key advantage of this rangefinder is its accuracy; yards are displayed to the tenth decimal giving you a good accurate reading, as well as there is a feature which is it vibrates when it recognizes the flagstick. Grab TecTecTec ULT-X Laser Rangefinder from Amazon here.
Although the device is not that difficult to understand, it may take time for you to master holding the power button to get the best reading. If you try to tap it, it will give you a different reading each time.
Along with that, getting the right reading consumes some time, as well as takes some more time to boot up before it can be used to measure accurate readings.
- Its accuracy is strong
- The device gives you a vibration when it’s recognized the flag
- This rangefinder is small, compact, and easy to handle
- Have a feature of 6x magnification
- It takes time getting used to and operating the power button
- There might be some discrepancy in yardage readings each time scanned
The device may have some disadvantages to it but for the price value, you can’t beat it! There might be expensive rangefinders with more precision but with this price, you will get a pretty good rangefinder with minor flaws.
7 Wosports Golf Rangefinder with Slope – Great Value for the Price
Wosports Golf rangefinder is manufactured by the much known Wosports Company. It is one of the cheapest rangefinders you can discover and comes with 18 months warranty. Being this reasonably priced, it is definitely not a piece of the junk rather it performs well and has premium features.
- The Range is 5-600 yards
- The Range Measuring Accuracy is +/-1 yard.
- The Range of Speed measured is 20/300Km/h
- The device has a 6x magnification feature.
- The battery is CR2-3V
- The dimensions of this device are 127mm x 80mm x 43mm
This device that you are getting for such reasonable prices, you are getting premium features for example long yardage, ranges, slope, vibrations, etc.
Due to the price range, you may think that it will be a low average performer, but here is where you are wrong; it is fast at picking up flagsticks, offers a yardage up to 650 yards with a 6x magnification feature.
The advanced flag technology blurs out the background and offers accurate yardage. Check the current price of Amazon by clicking here.
Despite many advantages, the Pin lock technology only works up to 180 yards. Outside this range, you cannot lock the pin. However, you can still work without locking the pin.
- It is the lowest priced rangefinder on this lost with plenty of premium features
- It has a feature of scan mode
- The device is water-resistant
- There is an 18-month warranty given with it
- The build of the device is very boring and bland
- The Pin Lock only works inside 150 yards.
This rangefinder is for those who are looking for an entry-level rangefinder or for those who want to replace or substitute their expensive rangefinders for a more reasonable one. Lastly, it will last a good couple of years so it is recommendable.
Best Golf Rangefinders: Buyer’s Guide
It is significant to know about the important features of the golf rangefinder before you buy one. Each of the products has different features and the buyer has to decide what fits him best. The prices also vary with the availability of features.
Listed below are the key features that a buyer should look for when buying golf rangefinder:
One of the main features of a rangefinder is that it should be accurate. It is said that most of the rangefinders are accurate to within a couple of yards and if ours is not, we should return it back. Accuracy plays a key role in a rangefinder and it should not be more than 3 yards off the accuracy. An inaccurate shot can lead to a tough downhill putt.
Also, we need to make sure that the yardage is accurate to our selected target. If the rangefinder mistakes a tree behind the flagstick instead of the flag itself, it can result in a big blunder.
This feature enables the rangefinder to take all the variations of elevation into account, whether it is uphill or downhill, and it calculates the distance between the user and his target. The rangefinder also calculates the return angle of the ball. Obstacles and slopes are also considered and it adjusts the distance according to that which lets the user focus on the shot only and not the math behind the shot.
However, the slope feature is considered illegal in certain competitions and tournaments so it can only be used in practice and training. Rangefinders with slope can also cost more than the normal ones because it increases the accuracy of the rangefinder.
High-quality optical lenses are a must-have in rangefinders today to be able to see through to determine targets and yardage. The best rangefinders have the capabilities to go up to the magnification of 6x. Magnification plays a key role in making to see the target clearly.
A good rangefinder should have a magnification of 5x at least. It should not be blurring and the target should be visible clearly. The time of the day should not matter when it comes to clarity. The focus adjustment mechanism should be easy to use.
Battery life is one of the biggest concerns of a golfer because no one likes it when their rangefinders show that it is out of battery in the middle of the game. Buying spare batteries is an additional cost and a hassle. Instead, a golfer will choose a rangefinder that has a battery with a long life which is at least 30-40 rounds.
Being an outdoor sport, there is always a chance of rain or dropping the device in water or on the grass that has been watered recently. Rangefinders are expensive and a player cannot afford to use it carelessly. That is why waterproofing is a highly significant feature of a rangefinder and it is advisable that the device is waterproof.
Best Golf Rangefinders with Slope: FAQs
Below you can see the frequently asked questions about the best golf rangefinders with slope. These will give you a clearer idea of what you are looking for. These are the questions that re mostly asked by the beginners who are new to golf and want to dive deeper.
✅ Do You Need Slope on Rangefinder for Golf?
The answer is no. You do not need a rangefinder with the slope to play golf but slope plays an important role in getting better. However, if you are playing in practice, it will be of great assistance. The uphill and downhill trajectory of the shot is handled by the latest devices and the slope helps for an accurate yardage reading.
Using slope is illegal during the competitions and tournaments, but using it in practice gives you confidence in making accurate shots in the tournaments. It helps determine how elevation can impact their shot and lets the player test different approaches in practice.
✅ What Is the Best Yardage Device in Golf?
There are many top-notch options in the market today but Garmin Approach S20 Golf GPS Watch outranks them all. It is a watch based GPS device and it has many impressive features. You can make your Garmin Connect account and the AutoShot feature records all the statistics from that round on your account.
The device features a slim wristband that does not suffocate your wrist in-game and is durable. The best part about it is that it is quite affordable with so many features to play around with.
It has an exceptional display on which you can many yardage readings on each hole. It records all the health-related facts as calories burned and distance walked etc. The only flaw that the device has is that it does not give a complete readout for the full layout of the next hole.
✅ What Do Golfers Use to Measure Distance?
There are two devices that are used to measure distance by golfers: GPS and Rangefinders. Nowadays, there are many different variants of both of these devices. GPS devices are found both in handheld form and in wrist-watch form. Rangefinders are also enhancing technology and features each year. Both f these devices have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Nowadays, smartphones are also used as a GPS system and there are several apps that meet the purpose. It is legal to use smartphones as a GPS until and unless the restricted information is not being accessed. This innovation has made it cheaper to use a GPS system and it comes with loads of preloaded maps and if the map is not available, you can make it yourself. They give the same features as the above devices in far fewer bucks spent on it.
There can be differences in opinions but from our point of view, Precision Pro NX9 is the best golf rangefinder with slope. This product features adaptive slope technology for club selection, pulse vibration for precision, target acquisition, and water resistance. They also offer a precision care package with a two years warranty on this product.
If you are looking for the golf rangefinder with the slope in terms of affordability, then you should consider Gogogo Sport Laser Rangefinder. This is not that popular as the other brands but it has the same or even greater features than most of them and is quite affordable.
- 5 Best Golf Rangefinders Under 100 [#1 Is Awesome]
- 5 Best Golf Rangefinders Under $200 In 2020 [#4 Must Have]
- 7 Best Budget Golf Rangefinders In 2020 [#3 PRO Choice]
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API